Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DIY Easter Lolita Meet Up!

A while back I helped my friend, Rebecca, organise a DIY Easter meet. It was a lot of fun and we all managed to make a little something to take home.

On the 30th of March, early in the morning, I got ready. This time way in advance so that I could save plenty of time and it was a success. I wanted to wear something classic and really wanted to combine my new red stoler with that. Matching to the stoler I wore my Victorian Maiden bonnet. I really love bonnets!




I met  the girls at the train station because some of them came from far away. There were quite a few new faces which was really nice. I'm very glad I met the lovely new ladies.  After some delay in trains the whole group was finally together and we were ready to set off to Rebecca's house. Before the the bus arrived we had a quick introduction round which was quite a laugh. My friend Rowan handed out Easter egg rings to each person. I really loved mine it was such a cute touch to the meet and I think everyone appreciated it too. Because the eggs soon started to fall off we made a game out of it. Basically the last people still wearing a whole ring were the winners (I was one of them! GO EGG POWER!).



After a fun bus journey we were finally at Rebecca's house. I had never been to Rebecca's house before and I have to admit that it made my jaw drop. It was such a big, beautiful house and inside was a readily laid table full of materials for us. There were so many things to choose from. I t took me a while before I had finally decided. I ended up decorating a cute little straw hat and made a cute black chiffon head bow.  My friend Rosalynn made the same but then in baby pink. They matched quite well.



Whilst everyone was sewing Rebecca and her mum provided refreshments and snacks. I had made onigiri again and was eager to find out everyone's opinion. Luckily everyone liked it (at least I didn't hear anyone say otherwise xD).

Even though it was really cold outside we did dare go out to take some pictures and a group shot. It was really hard to keep still without a coat on. So we started dancing to keep warm and it helped a lot.  We took some lovely pictures together but darted back inside as soon as we were done to warm up again. 

Once back inside we continued to finish our little masterpieces. I was startled when the first people had to already leave. Time just flew by and I was sad that they had to already leave. Either way I'm sure we'll see each other again real soon. In the end there were only four of us left. 





Around 9ish me and Alicia needed to leave but before leaving we had to try the delicious mochi. I had watermelon mochi which was really nice. Also sesame flavor was very good too.
After running to get the bus me and Alicia talked some more. She told me that she could speak Japanese and had been learning for two years using Skype. It really amazed me what is possible nowadays and it made me very confident to try it out myself. So basically our conversation until home was in Japanese. It really surprised me how much Japanese I already understand. My favorite word is Neko-chan ^-^

It was such a great day and we got a lot of feedback from everyone. Apparently this type of meet is very popular. So I think there will be many more in the future.

If your interested to read Rosalynn's post about the event to check it out here.


That's all for now. Thanks for reading and take care.

All photo's are property of Lolita Wonderland and my friend Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment