Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Belated New Year!



This post is late I know but better late than never I guess.
Another year has come and gone. I really can't believe how fast it went. So many things happened last year that I am so thankful for and still cant imagine actually happened. I rememeber I promised myself some change that year and it's been hard but I can definitely say that I have built half of my stepping stone. I hope that everything can only get better from now on.
I achieved many of my goals I set for myself last year, made so many new friends as well has stengthend friendships with older friends, gained an interest in many new thhings and have a different outlook on life too. I have expanded my Lolita wardrobe quite a bit last year but still have a lot of work ahead of me.
At the beginning of last year I made a memory jar in which I placed all my memories. The intention was to read them all out at the end of the year to remind myself what a great year I had.

So here's what my memory jar contained:

Sailor Cosmos's Ribbon


*I cut my hair short on the 30th of December 2012.

*I attended the Lolita gift swap meet for the 2nd time.
* I attended Tsunacon for the first time and participated in the Fly Away Fashion Show there.
*I recieved another of my dream dress'; Honey Picnic by Metamorphose.
*I attended the OTT Rococo meet in January.
*I attended my first ever DIY meet held by my dear friend Rebecca.
*Together with Rosalynn we had a photoshoot session for model photos. I wore my mums handmade dress for first time then.
*I visited the Japanese market in Leiden with Rosalynn.
*I did voluntary work at ACE (Almere Cosplay Event).
*I participated in the Summer Darkness fashion show for the first time.
*I attened my first ever spiritual festival together with my bestie Rebecca.
*I had a mermaid birthday party.
*I attended the Baby Tea Party in Paris for the first time.
*I tried a henna tattoo for the first time.
*I organised Rowan's Gothic bday party.
*I attended Kawaii Weekend and met Rin Rin doll and Misako Aoki for the first time.
*I ordered a lucky pack from Holly Tea Time for the first time
*I organised a high tea meet in my home town.
*I went to Japan Tag in Duesseldorf with my family.
*I attended another anual summer Lolita meet up.
*I had another Lolita photoshoot featuring much colourful candy.
*I went to a fish spa for the first time.
*I held Lolita Hallows Eve for the first time in Amsterdam.
*I organised Lolitopolis' first summer meet.
*I attended my cousins wedding in the UK.
*I attended Tamara's first meet in Zwolle and met lovely German Lolita's for the first time.


Looking at the long, not in logical order, list I was quite busy last year. That is also why I am super tired this year. I'm really happy to read this list and think of all the lovely moments of the past year. It suprises me how fast a year goes by and how much of the little moments you can forget.

Next up is my revolutions list. As I mentioned before I achieved some of them but not all which isnt that bad. 

image 
1. Cut my hair (short)! This was one of the first things I did and I was so glad I did. I donated my hair to a childrens cancer charity too and I'd like to think that there is someone out there wearing my hair with a big happy grin on their face.

2. Get back into shape! This has been an on and off thing this year. It all started out well and gradually got worse and worse. I gained alot of weight to the point that most of my clothes didnt fit anymore. It made me really sad but I had to face the fact that I was ill and cant eat everything without having problems. Things are slowly improving and I hope to have some more positive feedback next year. Gotta keep at it in order to check this one off my list.

3. Practice my face painting/make-up skills! Nope. And this is the truth. I was just way to busy to practice much but I did check out many new styles of make-up. Which bought me to Shiro nuri fashion. This style has such a unique make-up look that it inspired me to try it out. But first I need to practice more before I can achieve a look like that. Ever since this decision I've started to practice more and am gradually getting better.

4. Blog more! .This has definitly happened last year. I may not have blogged as much as I would have liked but it was a great imporvment than the year before. I even enrolled myself into a blog website called Kawaii Deluxe. I've secretly also signed myself up for the Lolita Carnival blog. Hopefully this can open my mind even more.

5. Travel to at least one place this year! I didnt travel as much as I had hoped for but I did go to Paris and Duesseldorf after all. This year hopefully Japan and this time for real. 

6. Learn a new language! I did have the intention to start learning Japanese but unfortuantely my course was cancelled due to to few registrations. I was really upset but luckily a friend, fluent in Japanese, will help me this year. I cant wait!

7. Find a job I love! This is a very difficult one. I did have a great job..for two months and then got fired. I was really upset because I was really trying my best and even came out of my shell which felt great. But unfortunately it wasn't enough for that job. They're loss I'd say! I luckily am on a stable salary now and hope to keep this job so that I can continue my translation education.


8. Wear more Lolita! Due to all the many fun events last year I got to wear Lolita alot more! I feel more like a real Lolita nowadays.


9. Be a better pen pal! Let put it this way we're more yearly writer's than we are monthly. We both lead busy lives and keep in contact as much as we can. I appreciate every letter I get from Emily even though the reply comes a year later.

10. Visit more International Lolita events! - I've listed quite a few in my memory jar list. I can certainly tick this one off of my list!

11. Make a wardrobe video! Hopefully this will happen some time this year.

12. Visit some museums! - I visited only 1 museum and 1 exposition. I wanted to attend more but didn't. The ones I did see were amazing though.

13. Do a giveaway on my blog!- Still to come!

14. Organise my Halloween/birthday event!- This was one of my life dreams and I fulfilled one of many last year. It always brings me to tears thinking about this day. I touched me in so many ways.

15. Do more photo shoots!- I did some but not enough. I hope more will come this year if I find the time.
image


This coming year I've already got a lot of things planned. Here is a list of some new resolutions I have for this year too.


Learn Japanese.

Translation course.
Learn to sew.
Work.
Save for Japan and go there this year too.
Sell my garden house.

Thanks for reading and take care!
                                                                        image

No comments:

Post a Comment